Friday, August 12, 2011

Blasted Frame!!!

OK, the guys over at Utah Soda Blasting got the frame done, and it looks pretty darn good.  For the cost, I don't think you can beat it, because the alternatives are scrubbing by hand (miserable), or buying your own rig (expensive!).  For anyone looking for this sort of work, I'd definitely recommend them.

For a fun comparison, let's do a quick before/after:


What throws you off at first is the texture of the sandblasted steel.  It almost looks coated.  The rough surface should do a great job of holding the new undercoating (POR 15, I'm thinking).

So now, it's time to bust out the welder, and get some of the open seams and junk cleaned up on this puppy.  It's going to take some work, but I'm excited to get going.  In fact, I'm going to have to consciously take my time, so I don't screw it up.  Rewelding the frame is a lot like rewelding the sheet metal on the body.  You have to work in small sections to avoid overheating and thereby warping the frame.  That is no good.

Some other close-ups:






I'm so excited I could pee my pants!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment