Friday, February 17, 2012

Changed my mind

Well, I changed my mind about that floor panel on the passenger side.  It's going to be far simpler to use the whole repair panel, than try to fit a patch.  I just don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to cut a decent looking patch this time.



So, I got to cutting the spot-welds.  I'll have to remove the passenger seat support, which is probably the toughest part of the job.  Besides fitting the panel, that is.  I have a picture here of the hole getting larger in the floor--cuting a little bit out at a time is what's needed here.  Baby steps.



I also have a picture of the removed inside seat belt support, more as an example of how cutting out the spot welds works.  The spot-weld cutter is more or less a tiny hole saw.  The trick is to not cut a hole through both panels.




It sucks having to cut perfectly good metal out of the car, but in this case I think it will be better in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment